Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23
Tel: 07766404642 Email: Moc15@aber.ac.uk
I am an ambitious, creative and dependable student. I have recently completed the final year of my undergraduate degree in Fine Art and English Literature at Aberystwyth University. Currently, I am employed at Marks and Spencer (2/7/19-present) as a Warehouse Operative and Customer Assistant. Following my undergraduate degree, I am pursuing a Masters in Fine Art. I am consistently enthusiastic about my work and like to challenge myself mentally as well as physically. Being a keen runner, this May I ran the Race For Life 10K and raised over £200 pounds for Cancer Research. I always strive to be an efficient, friendly and knowledgable team-player in order to achieve success.
In my latest work, I strive to paint the stark, sublime beauty of the Welsh landscape in a way in which that I feel portrays its nature authentically and analytically; exploring the duality of its ruthlessness as well as its fragility through light and shadow monochromatically. I paint from a theoretical perspective, whilst at the same time expressing my passion for the environment. In my naked portrayal of nature, I aim to demonstrate how intrinsically connected we are to our landscape, and how it can be a place that seems so unapologetically uncanny, isolating, as well as a place that we call home. Finally, I hope that my latest work shows my ability to discipline myself and showcase my attention to detail; I adore my practice and hope to refine my abilities further in my upcoming master’s course.
2015 NCS & Mind, the mental health charity, Volunteer
- Effectively planned a 12hr charity event in Crewe, Cheshire in two weeks
- Raised over 200 pounds through inventive and engaging ways to raise awareness for mental health
- Lead and patiently supported a team of 12
- Successfully organised bag-packing in Morrisons, Crewe, to raise awareness about mental health in a positive way as well as providing excellent customer service
2015-2016 Volunteered as a Teaching Assistant for PASS Scheme
- Committed to over 60 hours of enjoyable Volunteering in Key stage 4 classes.
- Assisted my A-level teachers for my three specialised subjects; Fine Art, English and Design Technology, demonstrating my ability to provide knowledge and learn from others in a learning environment.
- Organisational skill
- Preparation for classes
- Acknowledgement of student successes
- Provided students with a positive voice as a fellow student
2017-present A Blog by a painter, reader and nature lover
- Website admin
2018 May-July Oxfam Books Volunteer
- Greeting and serving customers in an approachable, helpful and attentive manner.
- Stayed overtime to help other volunteers and serve customers successfully due to lack of staff
- Cash-in-hand experience.
- Good knowledge about books from a variety of genres.
2018 July- Present M&S Warehouse Operative / Customer Assistant
- Friendly customer service
- Manual handling training, heavy lifting
- Warehouse picker
- Assembling and disassembling shop floor equipment
- Emergency Team Member; fire safety, evacuation team, alerting authorities
- Employee of the Month “Spotlight Award”; December 2018
- Visual merchandising illustrations for displays and events on the shop floor
- Cash in hand experience
2019 May 18th-30th Graduate Exhibition
- Built the exhibition walls with fellow students
- Painted, sanded and refined my exhibition space
- Presented my exhibition space successfully on opening day
- Created business cards, captions, and hung my work to the School of Art Offical Gallery quality
- Conversed with many visitors interested in my work and other fabulous artists’ work
Education and Qualifications:
2016-2019 Aberystwyth University
BA (Hons) English Literature and Fine Art (Scholarship)
2009-2016 Congleton High School & Congleton High School Sixth Form
A Levels: Art (A), Product Design – Advanced Subsidiary Level (A), English Literature (B)
and English Language (B)
GCSEs: 11 at A*-C (including Maths, English and Science)
HVale@CongletonHigh.com Art Teacher, 2013-2016