Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23
Tel: 07766404642 Email: Moc15@aber.ac.uk
I am an ambitious, creative and dependable student. I study Fine Art and English Literature at Aberystwyth University, meaning that my schedule is flexible. I am consistently enthusiastic about my subjects, I have a strong work ethic and constantly love to learn. In addition to challenging myself mentally, I enjoy challenging myself physically by cycling and running into the countryside around Aberystwyth. I am an efficient team-player and will always strive to do the best I can.
2015 NCS (National Citizenship Service) Charity Work
- Effectively planned a 12hr charity event in Crewe, Cheshire in two weeks, demonstrating time-keeping
- Raised over 200 pounds through inventive and engaging ways to raise awareness for mental health. Donated the money raised to Mind, the mental health charity
- Lead and patiently supported a team of 12 to promote our event and raise awareness
- Wrote poems in chalk with permission from the council to create an active engagement of the townsfolk within our charity
- Handed out leaflets regarding mental health statistics and advice provided to us by Mind
- Successfully organised bag-packing in Morrisons, Crewe to raise awareness to leave their customers feeling that little bit more positive – which is very important to me
2015-2016 Volunteered as a Teaching Assistant for PASS Scheme
- Committed to over 60 hours of enjoyable Volunteering in Key stage 4 classes
- Assisted my A-level teachers for my three specialised subjects; Fine Art, English and Design Technology, demonstrating my ability to provide knowledge and learn from others in a learning environment
- Helped organise the lessons and assist students with learning disabilities
- Provided students with rewards after a significant increase in engagement in lessons
- Provided students with a with a positive voice as a fellow student
Education and Qualifications:
2016-present Aberystwyth University
BA (Hons) English Literature and Fine Art (Open Scholarship)
2009-2016 Congleton High School & Congleton High School Sixth Form
A Levels: Art (A), Product Design AS (A), English Literature (B)
and English Language (B)
GCSEs: 11 at A*-C (including Maths, English and Science)
Other Experience and Skills:
- Weekly updates of my painting process which allows self-assessment and analysis of improvements and successes
- Explore my ability to use websites and technology to demonstrate my skills
- Competent use of MS Office, (Word, PowerPoint), email and internet software and programming.
I am an intuitive and avid painter of nature. My aim when I paint a landscape is to completely and authentically capture my experience within the landscape. I want to express the atmosphere from a specific moment in time that exerts a fascinating and unique kind of beauty. I have an individual process which involves time-management, persistence and attention to detail. I constantly test myself to solve problems within my work as I make decisions about my drawings, colour choices and compositions.
As an English Literature student, I very much enjoy writing poetry and reading literature. My ideal place to sit down and read is at a coffee shop during closing-time during the winter. I love reading Greek plays, Shakespeare, Vintage Sci-Fi and mysteries, contemporary literature and Gothic and Romantic poetry. Some of my favourite books of all time are, The Oresteia by Aeschylus, King Lear by Shakespeare, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories, and Emily Dickinson’s poetry.